[TYPO3-core] Quickstart extension in TYPO3 4.0

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Mar 17 19:46:15 CET 2006

Hej Kasper, hi list.

On Thursday 16 March 2006 15:40, Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> If you can explain the API when ready I could probably do that.

Great.

This is what I coded today in SC_mod_tools_em_index:
 installExtension($extKey,$version=null,$mode=EM_INSTALL_VERSION_MIN)

For $mode use the three constants EM_INSTALL_VERSION_MIN,
EM_INSTALL_VERSION_MAX, EM_INSTALL_VERSION_STRICT

I am not fully satisfied[1], but I think the "API" (if one method is an API)
will stay that way. What my code doesn't do yet is resolving dependencies (so
all required extensions have to be requested explicitly), and it will force
any needed DB updates without asking.

Because I moved the class out of index.php the patch below isn't the real
thing. The attached PHP files will be the stuff that eventually goes to CVS,
the patch is only to show the changed stuff inside the class.

Comments welcome, if it is understandable at all...

Karsten

[1] A lot of things in the EM code require user interaction, which makes
reusing stuff harder than it should be. It is clear that (much) more
refactoring is needed after 4.0.0 is released.
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member