[TYPO3-core] RFC: is_array and foreach

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Mar 15 16:41:27 CET 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

>  As I found some errors related to this issue again (see below) I have
>  to say that is_array should always be used before foreach if it's not
>  sure (e.g. the array comes from outside) that the passed variable is an
>  array, please!

The patch is ok.

>  I think I need no review to fix such issues, do I?

I still think it is good. We had some changes in the past where people (not
you!) thought it was an obvious problem, but they were wrong.

What I suggest that we introduce a new rule for "obvious" patches. You just
post it to the core list, writing that "if nobody insists, I will commit this
tomorrow". That should be fine I guess.

BUT: This applies _only_ for obvious fixes, meaning typos, array checks and
stuff like this.

- michael