[TYPO3-core] The XML tags of FlexForm data

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Mar 15 11:42:12 CET 2006

>  I beg you to sometimes take a look outside of the TYPO3 world and to
>  use available solutions or take proven concepts and ideas from other
>  open source projects (they are not that bad ;-)).

Oh no, not that discussion again ;-)

I have to say that when I made FlexForms back then it was a very
clever idea to have a function that could convert to-from-to array-
xml-array and I decided to use that for FlexForms. I must say that I
still like it under PHP4. With PHP5 and improved XML support it is
different.

So, I'm pretty happy with my choice back then. It's a great idea! ;-)

I agree that we could learn something from others. However, I'm an
innovative person and I am generally not the type who accepts an
"authority" solution if they suck, then I rather make my own,
smarter, quicker and pragmatic solution; hence TYPO3 came to the
world and it has done pretty well. I think you can't say that it is
always bad - otherwise I think you are with the wrong CMS. But of
course there has been wrong choices along the path when looking back.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"