[TYPO3-core] RFC: Templavoila + Core fixes

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Mar 12 00:32:18 CET 2006

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a CVS patch request. I don't knwo if TV patches are appropriate
> here but there is also
> a change in the core required for this to work.
>

> Type: bugfix.
>
> Branch: HEAD
>
> BT reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2784
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2609

To cite dimitry from t.teams.templavoila:

 > Yes, this is a known issue. You can use version 1.68 of file
 > mod1/index.php if you need working translation support but do not care
 > about workspaces.
 >
 > Kasper is going to fix this soon.
 >
 > Dmitry.

I didn't try it with workspaces but I used getRecordWSOL everywhere applicable ... so I think
it should work out quite well.

Ok. I just tried a simple thing with workspaces and it worked: I went to the draft workspace.
Created a reference (translation) (i tried it a second time with an "normal" CE) of a record.
It was properly inserted in the drafts version of the other language.
I went back to the live workspace and checked the page ... no sight of the translated record
and/or CE.

I only noticed that when I translate a page in the draft workspace it is also translated in the
live workspace ... but I didn't touch anything there ... is this normal ? wont this cause that
pages which get translated in the draft workspace will be visible as "translated" in the live-version ???
just an idea .

And I hope Kasper isn't angry as I'm trying to fix this and save some of his time :)

greets,
Bernhard