[TYPO3-core] Sourceforge...

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Fri Mar 10 13:34:39 CET 2006

Michael Stucki wrote:
> It seems Sourceforge doesn't like us. Everything is ready for uploading RC1,
> but upload.sourceforge.net is unfortunately down :-(
>
> I will try again tomorrow.

I'm all for leaving sourceforge if things don't improve soon, we don't
use any of the sf.net features except CVS (which is often down, and I
don't trust their SVN/CVS in parallel solution to work) and downloads
(which suck anyway because I have to click a zillion times to get to the
file url).

So really: Why not setup our own little svn server, move the downloads
to typo3.org and some mirrors.

An alternative with similar features is http://berlios.de, and a
comparison of the common hosters can be found in
http://www.ibiblio.org/fosphost/exhost.htm

Cheers,
Michael