[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 331: Support IPv6 addresses

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Mar 8 19:19:45 CET 2006

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> please notice that I have already committed my proposed change to CVS.
>
> I didn't have a closer look to your comment and the patch but as it seems
> you are really familar with it, and so I'm sure you have tested it very
> well :-)
>
> +1

But what I am missing is some "real" ipV6 examples.

So if anybody has some IPv6 enables sever and has a logfile available I would be glad if he could do:

cat logfile.log | cut -d " " -f 1 > out.txt

and send me the resulting out.txt ... if you look at it only ip-addresses should be inside and no
word of where and what got accessed ...

I didn't find lists of IPv6 examples via google neither some for IPv4 but those I can take from my
own machine ....

And I have to say that I only tested "in the sandbox" without any real IPv6 stack near me :(

I would be glad if my patch could get approved by someone with a real IPv6 environment. I only tested
the libraray against random IPv6 addresses and generated masks which should or should-not match the address.

greets,
Bernhard