[TYPO3-core] Reminder: "type" field for flexforms

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 8 07:32:17 CET 2006

Hi!

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> did you test that this works?

Yes. I am making an extension for one non-commercial site. In the past I
asked people to save page to see new fields. They were not happy because
in other cases typo3 prompts for it automatically. This time I
remembered that people in mailing lists asked about automatic reloading
too. So I went to see how automatic reloading works in Tceform and
implemented it. It is verified in my test environment.

> Will the already entered data be saved and not get lost?

It will be saved, no loss. Functionality is absolutely the same as when
you create a new page and change page type from Standard to SysFolder.
The same code is executed inside TCEforms.

> When you reload, how can you change the view of the flexform?

Using <displayCond>. For example, from non-released version of my
tvloginbox:

============================
<disable_success_message>
<TCEforms>
	<label>
LLL:EXT:tvloginbox/pi1/locallang.xml:flexform.disable.success.message
	</label>
	<onChange>reload</onChange>
	<config>
		<type>check</type>
        	<default>1</default>
	</config>
</TCEforms>
</disable_success_message>
<submission_page>
<TCEforms>
<label>LLL:EXT:tvloginbox/pi1/locallang.xml:flexform.submission.page</label>
<displayCond>FIELD:disable_success_message:=:0</displayCond>
<config>
	<type>group</type>
        <internal_type>db</internal_type>
        <allowed>pages</allowed>
	<minitems>0</minitems>
	<maxitems>1</maxitems>
	<size>1</size>
	<multiple>0</multiple>
</config>
</TCEforms>
</submission_page>

Checking disable_success_message will reload form and show or hide
submission_page field.

Dmitry.
- --