[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 331: Support IPv6 addresses

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Mar 7 10:58:56 CET 2006

Franz Holzinger <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:52:41 +0100 (MET):

> Hello Michael,
>

> >Problems:
> >The patch adds quite a lot of new functions. I wonder if it would
> > make sense to move them into a separate file therefore?
> >
> yes, this should come into a new file.

I disagree. While I think it really would be nice to split-up the ever growing t3lib_div.php. But I think this functions are not a good reason. If we move them out, then the existing t3lib_div::cmpIP should go with them. Which we don't like, right?

So I suggest to restrain ourselves to add more stuff in 4.x and split the file in 5.0.

Masi