[TYPO3-core] copyright still 2005

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Mar 6 16:29:28 CET 2006

Kasper Skårhøj <kasper2006 at typo3.com> writes on
Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:39:22 +0100 (MET):

> Changing old year to new year across all code is something I used to
> do but it feels stupid to do this every year for those many scripts
> which are not changed that often.
>
> Therefore I decided to not do it this year and rather let it happen
> everytime one changes a file and comes around it.
>
> However; what do all of you think? Please do it as the majority of
> you think is good, I have no preference anymore.

I thought it to be the easiest way to change all copyrighs to 2006. If this is not an option because the file has to be changed in 2006, then I hope someone can write a script. IMHO it looks silly if I get a brand new 4.0 in the year of 2005 and there's no copyright of 2006 around.

Unfortunately I have no time today to wrote the script. I'd parse a file for the CVS tag and if the tag has a date of 2006, I'd change the file's copyright. Shouldn't be too hard to write.

Masi