[TYPO3-core] replaceString and other changes

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Mar 6 09:47:35 CET 2006

Franz Holzinger <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:40:20 +0100 (MET):

> >> Or for replaceString the maxmum number of characters might be
> >> needed too,
> >
> >??? If I want to replace "foo" with "bar", what is the "max. no. of
> > chars."?
> >
> If you want to add the string contained in a variable. If you have a
> TEXT element text and want to add the text.value String to another
> string. So someone will make sure this string will not get longer
> than e.g. 32 characters.

Don't think that is very common. Anyway I think it's better tor truncate the value later, than to add a cryptic paramter to replaceString. Still, cannot think of why I would mix TS and "variables" and don't understand why a "variable" should limit my string length.

So, more opions on addString(string,posFlag) vs appendString/prependString? I thin kthe latter is more in line with stdWarp and its append/prepend objects and easier for non-programmers.

Masi