[TYPO3-core] RFC: Advanced BE search form

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Mar 3 17:09:35 CET 2006

Hi folks,

I committed this patch now, but here are some comments:

First of all: The icons for delete/undelete are too big. They need to be
changed, I will ask the Joey if he can resize them to our default icon size
(11x12px).

>>> Can still be changed, but I didn't do that yet. Personally I think
>>> that the quick search is easier for short lookups, therefore I'm
>>> fine with the way it works currently.
>>
>> What do you think of adding a short note to the normal search "If more
>> advanced queries are needed, please use the ....."?
>> I fear that the new functionality won't be used which would be a pity.
>
> It has always been hidden. I see your point but will not do it. My first
> priority is to get this patch into CVS, after that you can make such
> optimisations on your own.

Still pending, feel free to do that...

>> I have some more comments:
>>
>>     * There is an issue with versioning/workspaces. For example, if
>>       you have a page versioned, all versions of the page appear. It
>>       would be nice to have a checkbox which adds "AND pid != -1" to
>>       the page which is enabled by default. I think in normal mode it
>>       makes sense to hide versioned records.
>
> Dito.

Will do later.

>>     * The two "undelete" icons are missing - make sure you have them
>
> Yes.

Done, see comment on top.

>>     * The icons right to each query part -  where you can delete it,
>>       refresh etc. comes always directly after the input fields. It
>>       would be nice to have some border of maybe 5px before it, and
>>       have it aligned on the right side in every case.
>
> Will do.

Will do later.

>>     * The label for the icon to collapse a level has the title
>>       "collapse level" - I think it would be nice to have "delete
>>       sublevels" instead. When it is called "collapse", I expect a
>>       non-destructive action.
>
> Not sure, will look at it.

I still think it is correct. There is nothing deleted.

>> So - it works really fluently already, these are just minor changes I
>> think. Great work :-)
>>
>> I am looking forward to see it in the final release!

Thanks for all your support!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out