[TYPO3-core] RFC: feature #2743

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Mar 3 16:20:07 CET 2006

Hi Wolfgang,

>  Speed up substituteConstants with preg_replace_callback
>  BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2743
>
>  preg_replace_callback is available with PHP >= 4.0.5
>
>  I tested it myself, it's definitely faster.
>
>  There's a similar method in tsparser_ext, but the tests there
>  showed that the current way is faster, so I didn't not change that
>  method.
>
>  Please test.

This sounds like a nice thing, but I fear that it could break something. As
far as I remember, Bernhard has setup a testing script for parsing
different templates and compare the results. If possible, I would be happy
if he could test your changes accordingly.

+/- 0

Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out