[TYPO3-core] Resolving vs. Closing bugs

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 8 09:47:06 CEST 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:

> It has nothing to do how much they have in common. The discussion here
> is that we fix bugs, and then have trouble getting people (core) to test
> it because its sometimes not easy or intuitive to re-create the bug. If
> the bug fixer creates a scenario that is practically "auto-testable",
> the reviewing task is much easier.

If the would-be-testers are content with a small description, fine. I'm
defintely not willing to write formal test cases with bells and whistles.

I have to admit that I also didn't review patches that were complicated to
setup. Eg I never test TV stuff because I have currently no test sites for
them. But take a look at the patches that are currently pending. How many
of them are hard to test and need a carefully written test case?

Masi