[TYPO3-core] Resolving vs. Closing bugs

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 7 23:13:01 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 07.06.2006 17:38:

>> I know nobody has time to do it, but it would be cool if we could start
>> with a basic unit-testing framework for core-developers and then try to
>> create test-cases for every new bug reported.

> In your list it's not the programmer who creates the test case. It's
> either the bug subimmter or some QA staff.

Not necessarily. The test case is the first step into fixing the bug.
There is no problem if the programmer creates the test case (as this is
a programming task), as long as the test case recreates the bug that is
being reported.

> I doubt you can create useful general test-cases. I see little in common
> in the bugs fixed lately.

It has nothing to do how much they have in common. The discussion here
is that we fix bugs, and then have trouble getting people (core) to test
it because its sometimes not easy or intuitive to re-create the bug. If
the bug fixer creates a scenario that is practically "auto-testable",
the reviewing task is much easier.

Cheers,
Ernesto