[TYPO3-core] UTF-8 for filenames

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 7 23:20:33 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

>> > Do you think it's possible to get TYPO3 to accepct UTF-8 for
>> > filenames? I fear that there are too many checks and code parts that
>> > rely on ASCII.
>>
>> It should be possible to use them, I recently ran into problems caused
>> by this. Whether it is feasible to make it possible in the code, I
>> can't tell. :/
>>
>> If there is more than the two of us wanting that, it should get a
>> closer look, though!
>
> I'm willing to help. I have no urgent need for it, but it's on my wishlist
> for 4.1.

I think this is related with the problem I was pointing out in last January:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-January/001744.html

It is pretty difficult to find out the charset of the filesystem, therefore
we will need one more forceCharset setting only for the filesystem :-(

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out