[TYPO3-core] RFC: allow access from private nets

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Jun 7 15:54:22 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

I think that instead of allowing a whole network to access the install tool,
it would be much better to allow access based on the existance of a simple
file.

The attached patch removes the IP check in the install tool and just checks
for the existance of typo3conf/ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL instead.

This is very useful for mass hosters who share one TYPO3 source for many
sites. Also it allows install tool access without having to edit the source
code.

I don't see any problems with the change since you still need filesystem
access. Opinions?

Regards, michael

PS: If you have an idea how to improve the dirname(dirname(dirname(...)))
call, please let me know.

--
Use a newsreader! Check out