[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #3943 (was: Re: compatVersion in 4.0.1)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jul 28 01:44:57 CEST 2006

Finally, I have solved this problem:

This is a SVN patch request.

I think this is a showstopper for 4.0.1 and should be fixed asap!

Problem:
compat_version is going to be changed to "4.0.1" and makes the user think
there are functional changes between 4.0 and 4.0.1. This is wrong of course.

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3943

Solution:
Compare against TYPO3_branch instead of TYPO3_version.

Comments:
While working on this, I've made a lot of changes to the Update Wizard because
I realized that it is very difficult to understand. Please check out the
functionality and let me know if there is something wrong with it.

- michael