[TYPO3-core] RFC: Remove hardcoded rowSpace value in CSS Styled Content (+ some cleanup)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Jul 17 16:14:38 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb am 14.07.2006 23:02:

> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-0 / trunk

> I needed to change the space below of an image for a customers website when
> I noticed that this value was hardcoded in the CSS definition.
>
> Solution:
> Use constant "rowSpace" and redefine it to the constants.
>
> Comments:
> - This only applies if [compatVersion =.9.0] matches. In this case, the
>   constant "styles.content.imgtext.rowSpace" is cleared, so I had to add it
>   again inside of the condition in constants.txt, just below of "colSpace".
>
> - I did not notice any bad side-effects of this, however I would like to
>   know what Ernesto thinks about it :-)

I agree with it! +1.

> - Meanwhile I did some cleanup and removed a duplicate constant definition
>   where only the category seems to be different. Ernesto: Was this done by
>   intention?

Not really. It came from copying the original constants from the
pre-3.9.0 section. Good catch!

> - I didn't check what the category syntax must look like. I assume it is no
>   problem to change the category numbering, right?

No problem. The numbers at the third level (e.g. "c1" in
content/cImage/c1) are just for ordering. I tried to group "related"
settings with "cX", "dX", "eX" but it isn't as consistent as it should
be. But "g2" for the new setting is perfect.

Cheers,
Ernesto