[TYPO3-core] RFC: drag&drop to copy/move pages

Holzinger Franz franz at fholzinger.com
Sun Jan 29 23:42:18 CET 2006

Hello Michael,

>>I beliefe that you will not get so easily confused.
>>
>>But you shall think a bit of a normal user who is no computer expert and
>>who will search around and cannot reactivate the normal popup menu.
>>

>I'm sure this is a misunderstanding! The normal menu is still available, it
>just doesn't appear when you move an element inside of the page tree.
>
>Why should one first move an element when he just wants to edit the page
>title?
>
>Please read Karstens mail again, he already explained that before.

However it can happen that a user clicks to move an element
occasionally. Then he might not come back to the original menu because
he does not know what has happened.

The user shall have always the possibility to get the normal menu back
again without having to read any manuals. I think it is necessary to
help the user to get the normal menu again and cancel the drag/drop action.

Greets,

Franz