[TYPO3-core] Speed up of page cache

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Tue Jan 17 15:58:21 CET 2006

Hi!

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I attached a patch which changes this (make all fields used in this query indexed)

What if index is set to [deleted,hidden,starttime,endtime]? It is
"enableFields" condition, should be helpful in many places.

I noticed that my mysql 3.23 uses only one index per page at a time.
Very rarely, for small tables, I see two indexes used. May be it simply
using non-optimal index?

Two hours ago I optimized one query (non-typo3). There was an index but
mysql did not use it for unknown reason (yes, I did ANALYZE TABLE!). So
I forced index using "USE INDEX" and execution time dropped from ~5
seconds to ~0.6 second. This was a selection from two related tables
with 142773 and 5638 records. So I ended up with USE INDEX in the query.
This limit that application to mysql only but it will not be ported to
other databases anyway.

> I tested it on a site of me but currently I don't have an large sites available and
> the tested one  had only about 500 cache_pages entry ... i didn't see any effects.
> (Parsetime was always between 100 and 200 ms)

I had around 6000 when I played with indexes. Google crawler created all
cache entries for me :)

Dmitry.