[TYPO3-core] Speed up of page cache

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Tue Jan 17 10:07:06 CET 2006

Hi!

Peter Niederlag wrote:
> I dont't see why an index on expire could help, INDEX on page_id and
> hash is already enabled.

Probably because this field also participates in query... I tried
"EXPLAIN" yesterday on my test database (only a few entries), it did not
use index on "expires" field. But "EXPLAIN" is not 100% the same way as
query works in the real environment on the same table. EXPLAIN command
displays what mysql _thinks_ he would use in the *current* environment.
There are many interesting comments about it here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/explain.html

* * *

So what I did, I told the fact. I understand that single experience is
not enough but I also think that it is better to share experience than
to hide it.

Dmitry.