[TYPO3-core] RFC: update timestamp on delete

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Mon Jan 16 09:47:52 CET 2006

 *hiya!*

 On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Martin Kutschker wrote the following:
> This is handy, but wouldn't a separate delete_timestamp make more sense? Or we could change the meaning of the delete field from a simple flag to a timestamp. So the timestamp of a modification isn't destroyed, which I have to admit is only of interest in a case of undelete.

 I thought about that too, but was unsure about the general practice
 here... I would favor the change of the delete field (may have an
 impact on extensions that use this field?).

 The reason why I didn't come up with this is, that the deletion of
 a record is a "modification" of the record, so it's IMHO equal to
 editing it.

 kind regards
 Wolfgang