[TYPO3-core] RFC: update timestamp on delete

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Jan 16 09:23:23 CET 2006

Wolfgang Klinger <wolfgang at stufenlos.net> writes on
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:56:10 +0100 (MET):

> *hiya!*
>

> This is a CVS patch request.
>
> Type:
> feature
>
> Branches: TYPO3-4.0

> Update the timestamp field (TCA/ctrl/tstamp) on delete, so it's
> possible for "trash" extensions to show the date on which a record
> was
> deleted (I can remember when I deleted something lately but not
> when that what's deleted has been changed IMHO).

This is handy, but wouldn't a separate delete_timestamp make more sense? Or we could change the meaning of the delete field from a simple flag to a timestamp. So the timestamp of a modification isn't destroyed, which I have to admit is only of interest in a case of undelete.

So +0, which means yes to the general idea.

Masi