[TYPO3-core] RFC: prepend '[Translate to XY]' on copy only ifvalue is set -- extended

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Sat Jan 14 10:13:14 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:50:18 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Wolfgang,
>

> > Page TSconfig, TCEMAIN
> >
> > Property: translateToMessage
> > Value: String
> > Defines the string that will be prepended to every field value
> > if you copy an element to another language version.
> > A "%s" will be replaced by the language title.
> > Default ist "Translate to [language title]:".
> > Example: see above
>
> I added this, but now I'm unsure if the patch is really useful:
>
> Using this setting, I could for example set the label to "blabla: %s"
> where "blabla" are some German words and "%s" writes "German" to the
> string.

It all depends on your setup.

My sites have usually German as default language (adn are operated by German speaking editors).

But, as I use the sys_language records for FE, I have them in the langauge itself: Deutsch, English, Italiano.

So you are right, a language mix may occure, but it won't happen if you use the default language in sys_language records (eg Deutsch, Englisch, Italienisch).

Note: FE language will also benefit if we get a record with a this_is_the_default_lang flag in sys_language. And to expand it further, if we could have a second field in sys_langauge then we could have the language names both in the default language plus in the language itself.

Masi