[TYPO3-core] RFC: language_mode 'ignore'

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Wed Jan 11 22:26:46 CET 2006

 *hiya!*

> > This patch adds another case for 'ignore' to set
> > $this->sys_language_content to the current $this->sys_language_uid.
>
> Ok, I know that I have to rethink all those language mode options again and again to understand what they do. So the question may be dumb, but how does this patch help with the problem?

 I want my language menu to stay with the selected language (so I can't
 use the default = sets both language variables to '0') and I don't want
 to have the content shown in a "wrong" (as the language menu shows
 something else) language (so I can't use "content_fallback").

 This option is just the missing piece.

 It does not output a message nor something else, that's up to you
 (TypoScript or Plugin or whatever).

 kind regards
 Wolfgang