[TYPO3-core] Patch: indexed_search and default language name

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Mon Jan 9 09:11:54 CET 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:

>> Sorry but I dislike this solution! The indexed_search plugin is slow
enough,
>> it shouldn't have wait for also having the TSconfig parsed.

As I see from the code of getPagesTSconfig() function, page TSconfig is
serialized and cached. So only the first execution of the indexed search
will spend some time parsing it. I could be wrong of course (you know
Typo3 internals better than I), correct me in such case, please.

>> I'm pretty sure that this problem can be solved more elegantly or
simplier
>> instead. Ideas:
>>
>> - Make it a Typoscript property for the indexed_search plugin

I do not like this because logically name of default language it is not
a property of this extension but a system-wide property.

>> - or (if you think the default language should be advertised
globally) set
>>   it through TYPO3_CONF_VARS or make it a Typoscript config.<...>
property.

Well, at least TemplaVoila already uses "mod.SHARED..." property. I
though that keeping property in one place is better than doubling it. If
one chooses to double this property, the next question he gets from
users will be "why do I have to configure the same thing in two separate
places?".

TYPO3_CONF_VARS is not good as well because you may have different
default languages in the different parts of the page tree. "config...."
is better but it is still doubling which I dislike.

>> PS: Please remember that you cannot commit any changes to CVS without
>> submitting the documentation changes before! See misc/core_cvs_rules.txt
>> for details.

This change does not require documentation changes because I did not do
any changes to configuration. Or you mean that the fact of using
"mod.SHARED..." should be documented?

I think I will look for other solutions while this patch runs for my
customers.

Dmitry.