[TYPO3-core] Patch: indexed_search and default language name

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Jan 8 23:52:30 CET 2006

Hi Dmitry,

> name of the default language (shows "Default language" instead). Sometimes
> this is disturbing for users. Currently they see: "All languages",
> "Default language", "Russian" instead of, for example, "All languages",
> "Latvian", "Russian". Some feel confused (no my language?), some feel
> offended that their language is replaced with "default" word while other
> languages got their names.
>
> Solution:
> Name of the default language can be configured using page TSConfig.
> Several extensions already use this feature and would be nice if
> indexed_search (system extension!) is not late to get on board. This patch
> checks if name of the language is defined and replaces "Default language"
> string with actual language name. This patch is verified on a working
> server.

Sorry but I dislike this solution! The indexed_search plugin is slow enough,
it shouldn't have wait for also having the TSconfig parsed.

I'm pretty sure that this problem can be solved more elegantly or simplier
instead. Ideas:

- Make it a Typoscript property for the indexed_search plugin
- or (if you think the default language should be advertised globally) set
  it through TYPO3_CONF_VARS or make it a Typoscript config.<...> property.

Regards, michael

PS: Please remember that you cannot commit any changes to CVS without
submitting the documentation changes before! See misc/core_cvs_rules.txt
for details.
--
Use a newsreader! Check out