[TYPO3-core] PHP requirement version for TYPO3 4.0

Michael Scharkow michael at underused.org
Tue Jan 3 15:41:50 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Hello? This patch is for those who use TYPO3 with Mysql without DBAL who happen to be on a machine with Sybase setting.
>
> It's a simple thing to change that (beside the short time problem with the PHP version) does no harm.

I'd say every additional code that fixes stuff in some esoteric
circumstances does some harm to maintainability. That has, of course,
nothing to do with this actual patch.

> What I don't get is, why now folks who have not said anything before now come up and try to rediscuss everything again.

That's because this thread is somewhat about political issues. I don't
mind your patch at all, I just wanted to point out that I'd rather
sacrifice some compatibility to older PHP versions than fix everything
in TYPO3 code that is really a flaw in PHP.

Just imagine how much code we could saved if e.g. gzip-encoding of
output worked predictably in PHP, so Kasper wouldn't have had to invent
that again in TYPO3.

Greetings,
Michael