[TYPO3-core] PHP requirement version for TYPO3 4.0

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 3 12:50:15 CET 2006

Hi folks,

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 12:45, Martin Kutschker wrote:

 > What I don't get is, why now folks who have not said anything before now
 > come up and try to rediscuss everything again.

I'm sorry, didn't want to spoil your day. Although I generelly agreed with
that mysql_really_really_escape() is a better way than addslashes(), I never
had a concrete example. And as far as I can see, the Sybase Magic Quotes
option is the only thing which makes a difference currently.

What I tried to do was, finding out (by asking you) what the difference really
is, instead of assuming that it's just better.

Anyway, no offence, I just wanted to take the opposition.

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development