[TYPO3-core] PHP requirement version for TYPO3 4.0

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Tue Jan 3 12:07:51 CET 2006

Hi!

Robert Lemke wrote:

> So, does that mean we raise the PHP requirement because of a Sybase
> .ini setting although we don't support Sybase?

You never know how it is configured on the server side (unless it is
typo3.org or typo3.com :)).

addslashes does not escape *all* required characters.
mysql_real_escape_string takes into account all characters that should
be escaped.
mysql_real_escape_string *is* the correct way to escape parameters for
mysql.

There is no need to raise PHP version requirements: use
mysql_real_escape_string if it is available and mysql_escape_string if
it is not.

Dmitry.