[TYPO3-core] PHP requirement version for TYPO3 4.0

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 3 11:58:02 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

Well, I know Dmitry's bug report but couldn't reproduce what he wrote:

 > Imagine SQL query:
 >      SELECT * FROM customers WHERE name = '$name'
 >
 >  Let's set $name to
 >      \''; DROP TABLE users; --
 >
 >  and apply addslases() to it. Than we have a query:
 >      SELECT fieldlist FROM customers WHERE name = '\''''; DROP TABLE
 > users; --'

Have you tried that? If I uses addslashes over $name I get this result:

   \\\'\'; DROP TABLE users; --

And this returns TRUE:

   mysql_real_escape_string ($name) === addslashes ($name)

 > http://at.php.net/manual/en/function.addslashes.php

Yeah, I know ...

 > http://at.php.net/manual/en/ref.sybase.php#ini.magic-quotes-sybase

So, does that mean we raise the PHP requirement because of a Sybase .ini
setting although we don't support Sybase?

robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development