[TYPO3-core] USER_CINT again

Dmitry Dulepov dima at spamcop.net
Tue Feb 28 18:44:01 CET 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> I think putting it all into userFunc is too much. It makes a big mess.
>
> Don't think it's so a big proble,. Just keep your main small and make it a simple despatcher routine.

Yes this works... But everyone will have to write

	function main($content, $conf) {
+		if ($this->firstCall && $this->shouldCache())
+			return true;
		return $this->wrapIntoSomething($this->realMain($conf));
	}

instead of

	plugin.tx_ext_pi1 {
		userFunc = tx_ext_pi1->main
+	      modeFunc = tx_ext_pi1->shouldCache
	}

For me second looks more elegant. Clear separation between content
generation and cache management.

We have various parameters for various cObjects, why cannot we have such
new parameter for USER_CINT? :)

>> Much better to use separate functions: one PHP function per one
>> logical application function.
>
> So we have a myriad of extra method?

Extra TS property. No one even prevents reusing main() as you wish now:

	plugin.tx_ext_pi1 {
		userFunc = tx_ext_pi1->main
+	      modeFunc = tx_ext_pi1->main
	}

but if one wants to make it more clear, he have a chance. Even more: by
default modeFunc can be equal to userFunc.

> Normally I'd agree, but I think we won't run into big problems by staying with a single hook for a plugin.

No problems, of course. I just want to make world a little better and
code a little more understandable :) Feel free to do it your way if you
feel I am wrong in this particular case. I do not strongly insist.

Dmitry.