[TYPO3-core] USER_CINT again

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Feb 28 17:21:24 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov <dima at spamcop.net> writes on
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:12:51 +0100 (MET):

> What happens if in half-year we invent USER_DINT and need to
> cache/not cache/crash the server/whatever depending on its state?

I thought about returning an array instead of a boolean ;-)

> I think putting it all into userFunc is too much. It makes a big mess.

Don't think it's so a big proble,. Just keep your main small and make it a simple despatcher routine.

> Much better to use separate functions: one PHP function per one
> logical application function.

So we have a myriad of extra method?

Normally I'd agree, but I think we won't run into big problems by staying with a single hook for a plugin.

Masi