[TYPO3-core] RFC: readonly field rendering

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Feb 26 19:37:33 CET 2006

Hi René,

>> > Key
>> > readonly
>> >
>> > Datatype
>> > boolean
>> >
>> > Description
>> > If set the form field will be rendered in a way that the user can see
>> > the values but can't edit them. The rendering is similar to the
>> > editable variants but not neccesarily the same and might differ in
>> > layout and size.
>> >
>> > Scope
>> > Display
>>
>> Am I right that this affects all types, so it must be in the first
>> section "['columns'][fieldname]['config']" (no TYPE specified in the
>> title)?

Well, that was a typo.

"['columns'][fieldname]['config']" (no TYPE specified in the title)

...does not exist as a chapter. Instead, I have added it to the section:

"['columns'][fieldname]"

...but fear that this is wrong. Shouldn't it be added to _every_ config type
section?

Have a look at my version of Core API (just added two screenshots) and tell
me if the example is correct.

> Exactly.
>
> One addition:
> "Notice: Read only rendering might not be implemented by user defined form
> items!"

I have added this.

- michael
--