[TYPO3-core] RFC: Extend TypoScript values

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Feb 26 19:25:38 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> I would suggest the following:
>> xyz.pidList.TSPROC.addToList = 20,21
>> Then it is clear that it is processed at parse-time,
>
> Why? TSPROC means nothing to the layman.

So what about "TSparser" or "TSPARSER"? (I'd prefer the first suggestion)

xyz.pidList.TSparser.addToList = 20,21

> How baout
>
> xyz.pidList := addToList(20,21)
>
> := is the only special key, and we have all the pseudo-functions we like.

Hmm, that looks also nice. I'm open for both.

> Instead of the round brackets square or curly oness can be used, or none
> if we use another colon.
>
> xyz.pidList := addToList[20,21]
> xyz.pidList := addToList{20,21}
> xyz.pidList := addToList:20,21

I think using other brackets than () does not make much sense. They are fine
for me, why should we use different ones?

If you have no objections with the feature in general at this point, I would
like to have a little poll about what syntax you prefer more. Everyone
(also the read-only members) is invited to vote, but please don't spam the
lists, send me a private message instead. I will get back to you tomorrow
afternoon...

a) xyz.pidList := addToList(20,21)
b) xyz.pidList.TSPROC.addToList = 20,21
c) xyz.pidList.TSparser.addToList = 20,21
d) xyz.pidList.__TSparser__.addToList = 20,21
e) ...?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out