[TYPO3-core] Indexed Search ready/status

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Feb 18 12:33:07 CET 2006

Hi Kasper,

> I just checked up on indexed search again now. One significant
> feature is the indexing configurations and I will make a podcast to
> demonstrate how they work. There are still known bugs in them and a
> lot of todo items. One thing that is needed is changes to the
> frontend search form so searches can be made directly in results from
> indexing configurations (like you can limit a search to a section of
> the website). Also Dan and Michael from WildSide has proposed a
> "spotlight"-like feature which is to display the search result in
> sections where you show the top results from eg. the website, from
> tt_news table, from external URL etc. This has not been implemented
> yet either.
>
> Inspite of these lacks I feel the extension is ready for 4.0 since I
> find it unrealistic to add those features in due time.

Alright. There are some open issues which I would like to see fixed, but
that doesn't need to be done by you:

- Merge layout improvements to new template as suggested by Ben van't Ende
- Fix problem with indexing: If maxExternalFiles prevents all files of a
page to be indexed, they will not be indexed on revisit (thus, only
$maxExternalFiles will be indexed)

Michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out