[TYPO3-core] Indexed Search ready/status

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Thu Feb 16 16:39:26 CET 2006

Hi Coresters,

I just checked up on indexed search again now. One significant
feature is the indexing configurations and I will make a podcast to
demonstrate how they work. There are still known bugs in them and a
lot of todo items. One thing that is needed is changes to the
frontend search form so searches can be made directly in results from
indexing configurations (like you can limit a search to a section of
the website). Also Dan and Michael from WildSide has proposed a
"spotlight"-like feature which is to display the search result in
sections where you show the top results from eg. the website, from
tt_news table, from external URL etc. This has not been implemented
yet either.

Inspite of these lacks I feel the extension is ready for 4.0 since I
find it unrealistic to add those features in due time.

- kasper

"A contribution a day keeps the fork away"