[TYPO3-core] Post-Cleanup of Symlink changes

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Wed Feb 15 13:29:52 CET 2006

> As already mentioned, there are still two symlinks in use. I would like to
> remove t3lib/fonts/arial.ttf and t3lib/fonts/verdana.ttf completely.

+1

> History: Before 3.8.0 these fonts were present in the TYPO3 source
> directly. Although they are freely distributable, we decided to replace
> them with some free fonts which look similar. TypoScript templates have
> been changed accordingly, but for reasons of compatibility, the two
> symlinks were left in that place.
>
> The attached patch does not remove the files (they were never in CVS) but
> changes the documentation accordingly. The symlinks will need to be removed
> in my package generation script.
>

> 2nd change:
> Now that the symlinks are not needed anymore, I suggest to remove
> create_symlinks.sh and remove_symlinks.sh from CVS again.

+1

as long as the documentation (if there's any) explain that it's not needed
anymore but describe nevertheless how to create them for backwards
compatibility

Just came to my mind: check if there are any TS references to media/ which
could be changed to EXT:cms/tslib/media/ (can't remember the exact syntax)

René

--
René Fritz
TYPO3 Association - Active Member