[TYPO3-core] Advice needed: move getBorderAttr into t3lib_div?

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Sun Feb 12 13:18:03 CET 2006

Hi,

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> I'm just fixing a long time personal favourite bug of mine: image border
> settings are not taken into account for GMENUs.
>
> Since getBorderAttr() lives in tslib_content, I cannot simply call it in
> tslib_gmenu.

>From my point of view tslib_menu seems to be used from tslib_content
anyway so it should be possible to call tslib_cObj::getBorderAttr()
static. Just to be very sure you could put in a require_once but imho it
might not be needed.

> Solution 1: Move getBorderAttr() somewhere else and update the method
> calls. (t3lib_div or any better alternatives?)

-1

> Solution 2: include tslib_content in tslib_gmenu and call
> tslib_content::getBorder() from there

see above

> Solution 3: Copy the method code (URGH!)

-2 ;)

> Sorry for asking such a simple question but I'm a bit out of practice
> lately.

It would be very good to change class-naming and placing to be able to
use some autoloading-mechnismen in a 5.0 release. ;)

My 2 eurocent, Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101