[TYPO3-core] RFC: Advanced BE search form

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Feb 9 00:54:43 CET 2006

Hi Sebastian,

> first of all - nice :-)
> The levels are nice.

I agree. Great work Joey!

> Some comments I have:
>
>     * the patch doesn't apply cleanly in current CVS due to Kasper's
>       changes in DBint. I used beta2 to test it.

Now it does.

>     * it would be nice if "Advanced query" was the default when "full
>       search" is selected. I know this breaks BW "compatibility" up to
>       a certain extent, but it is a new feature which should be
>       "promoted".

Can still be changed, but I didn't do that yet. Personally I think that the
quick search is easier for short lookups, therefore I'm fine with the way
it works currently.

>     * for the checkbox where the current field can be negated, it
>       would be nice to add some caption there (does the "title" tag
>       work there?) to describe that it negates everything. It was a
>       bit unclear to me at first.

Joey did it, but I removed it during my cleanup of that patch. Sorry dude!
Will add it again when the patch is in CVS.

>     * If there is only one query left and you delete that one, there
>       is no possibility to add another one again. Besides that, an SQL
>       error appears then (logically).

Has been fixed.

>     * There is a _serious_ problem when building queries - I don't get
>       it to work. This means- I add one field, everything works
>       nicely, I add a second line and change the type there. Then the
>       page reloads and only the second line is still visible.

Has been fixed.

> Because of the last issue, I couldn't test more advanced functions :-(

Please try again.

> So, currently, I am afraid there is still some work to do. I hope you
> have time for this or find someone who does it.
> Btw, it definitely has to be inserted and published in the announcement!

I fully agree. Please help to get this into the next release.

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out