[TYPO3-core] Bugfix #760 GIFBUILDER 256 colors

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Feb 8 18:24:21 CET 2006

Michael Stucki wrote:

> 1. I dislike to introduce two more options to $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX].
>    Suggestions instead:
>     - Use "gif" internally unless $TYPO3_CONF_VARS[GFX][gdlib_png] is set.
>       I don't think that there is a need to use jpg or wbmp here.
>     - Do you really think it needs to be configurable whether dithering is
>       used or not? IMHO you should always turn it off.

I set it to on now and leave away palette_nodither. See the difference when
dithering is set to false. You get a ugly line on the left corner of the picture
(The corona of the letters doesn't look good also but that's because it's no pixelfont):
http://think-open.org/kraftb/with_dither.gif
http://think-open.org/kraftb/without_dither.gif

> 2. operatiosn => operations

If I always should use gdlib_png and leave away internal_ext (thus you will
get bad looking masked images when gdlib_png is set to 0) the line with this
mistake is gone :)

> 3. Always use "@" in front of "unlink" calls. Just in case...

done.

> When this is fixed, I'd vote +1 for it.