[TYPO3-core] Changes in SVN

Kasper Skårhøj Kasper2006 at typo3.com
Mon Dec 4 21:47:32 CET 2006

OK, I will do better next time.

> I think we on the Core list would appreciate a courtesy post when
> you add stuff. A plain copy of the the Changelog entries will be
> enough and it will help to keep track of changes. I constantly read
> the Core list but do not check the Changelog file. Thanx for caring.

I rarely check the core list but is more likely to browse the
changelog. Different habits. But I will respect that if its the
practice of the whole team of course.

> eg it might make someone wonder what's going on if he didn't read
> that entry
>  * Changed pages_languages_overlay to NOT be hidden by default
>
> And for this one:
>  * Introduced REDIRECT: prefix to pagenot found handling (for
> backwards compatibility since someone changed to read the file
> instead of redirecting).
> There has been quite a traffic about reading the files and how this
> is done. AFAIR there was a reason why a redirect is not good or not
> good enough. The someone who has initiated is Dmitry. Ask him if
> yoou want to more about the issue.

I understood why Dmitry changed it. I looked up his request. But my
customer wants a redirect and that was the old and for a while
accepted behaviour. I re-introduced that with a special keyword. I
see no problem here.

> And now the one that interest me:
>   * Improved localization in tcemain

Right, this doesn't tell anything really, but you could check the
revision diff and you will see; it has to do with the "localize"
command which now also can take a "page" record and localize that
into pages_language_overlay records.

Yes, no log messages in tcemain are localized. I never prioritized
that, nobody requested it either.

- kasper

> What has been changed? I had a look at the code only last week and
> didn't understand what the writelog() stuff is all about. All I
> know is that only a few if any message is localized. And then there
> is also the newlog() thingy. I have added the improvement of
> localization to my personal list of hci enhancements for 4.1 and
> would like to know what is still missing and how I can help.
>
> Kind regards,
> Masi
>

> Martin Kutschker
> Consultant