[TYPO3-core] SVN F#%&up

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Mon Dec 4 08:52:07 CET 2006

Hi,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Kasper,
[...]
> I might have asked you already, but can't remember: Did you ever try to use
> the commandline client instead of the Eclipse plugin? After all I must say
> that it is so easy to be used, that I even prefer it over kdesvn (something
> like cervisia for Subversion). Please try, and tell me how it works.

I can only second that. 'svn update' 'svn commit' 'svn diff', it is
really easy to use.

> Additionally, I wonder if it's possible that I will send you a checked out
> version including the .svn directories. Andreas, would this contain any
> user-specific information? Probably this would be a good kickstart for your
> system, and updating would work fine after that...?

As far as I know *no* user specific information is contained in '.svn'
directories. I have tried to move checkouts from user a to user b and it
worked out very nice! (this is another 'why svn is more powerfull than
cvs' thingies)

[...]
Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101