[TYPO3-core] RFC: resolveBackPath in t3lib_iconworks

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Fri Dec 1 16:00:06 CET 2006

> b) the change seems not needed (so why risk a change?)

On my system file_exists() don't resolve back paths so the original icon will
not be found in extensions and the 'default.gif' icon will be returned.

> c) changing this in t3lib_iconworks is probably the wrong place (I would
> prefer changing it at the beginning of t3lib_div::read_png_gif())

Will not help as it will never reach that function.

As an alternative I suggest to put resolveBackPath() in skinImg(). Patch
attached

The code there is new (introduced by my, I think) and is for dimming extension
icons anyway. So it should be safe as TYPO3 does not use _i for dimming.
Also resolveBackPath() is needed there too, otherwise icons will be rendered
even if the original dimmed icon exist, as I just noticed.

René