[TYPO3-core] Vote: Ready for new patch version?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Aug 31 12:13:45 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb am 30.08.2006 23:06:

> This is a call for votes.
>
> Question:
> Do you think that a new 4.0.x version is worth to be shipped?

Yes. +1.

> Votes needed: 2 yes

And I agree with Ingmar, majority should be needed here, but a minimum
of 2 voters.

> If approved:
> - Patch freeze of TYPO3_4-0 branch on 1st of next month (in two days).

So there still might be time for some patches to go in after the voting?
I thought an approving voting should "freeze" the branch until the RC
release?

> - RC will be released on the same day
> - Only urgent changes can go into TYPO3_4-0
> - 7 days later, the final version will be released
> - Finally, TYPO3_4-0 will be unfreezed again

Nice!

> If not approved:
> - No freeze happens, new CFV in 1 month...

And, if aproved, the next voting would happen at the end of october, right?

Cheers,
Ernesto