[TYPO3-core] possibility to hide the results when results are show (indexed_search)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Aug 24 16:30:12 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>

>>Issue:
>>The rules take up space that is better used on the result list. So add an
>>option to hide it when results are shown.
>>
>>Branches:
>>Trunk
>>
>>Note: technically I'm not checking results but the presence of search
>>words.
>
> I'm fine with the idea, though it would be possible to reach the same goal
> using a simple TypoScript condition.

Hm, didn't think of it. Still thinking more in terms of PHP then TS. OTOH,
PHP must be faster then yet another TS condition ;-)

> However, please change the name of the key from
>
> $conf['hide.']['rulesForResults'] to
> $conf['show.']['rulesForResults']
>
> The simple reason for this is that there is no 'hide.' property yet and having
> both 'show.' and 'hide.' seems confusing to me.

But then we'd have show.rules and show.rulesForResults. This is also
confusing and is the reason why I didn't do it that way. I'll think of
another feature to justify the hide. :-)

> I suggest you change this and even turn it off by default.
[snip]
 > So please add the new key to ext_typoscript_setup.txt using the default
value "0".

Shall I move the setup to pi/static while I'm at it?

Masi