[TYPO3-core] possibility to hide the results when results are show (indexed_search)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Aug 24 15:47:12 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

> Issue:
> The rules take up space that is better used on the result list. So add an
> option to hide it when results are shown.
>
> Branches:
> Trunk
>
> Note: technically I'm not checking results but the presence of search
> words.

I'm fine with the idea, though it would be possible to reach the same goal
using a simple TypoScript condition.

However, please change the name of the key from

$conf['hide.']['rulesForResults'] to
$conf['show.']['rulesForResults']

The simple reason for this is that there is no 'hide.' property yet and having
both 'show.' and 'hide.' seems confusing to me.

I suggest you change this and even turn it off by default. So please add the
new key to ext_typoscript_setup.txt using the default value "0".

- michael