[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 1268: Respect config.notification_email_charset when sending emails

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Aug 23 11:52:39 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> [1] Some ideas for such a cleanup:
>     - Renaming "class.t3lib_htmlmail.php" to "class.t3lib_mail.php"
>     - Moving all email related functions from "t3lib_div" into a new class
>       "t3lib_mail_div", also inside "class.t3lib_mail.php"

I'd like to see the code separated into catgeories (and classes):

* mail generation (headers, multi-parts, etc)
* mail sending (via "mail" function, SMTP, NNTP, etc)

For a nice transition I suggest to create class.t3lib_mail.php and
class.t3lib_mail_transport.php. class.t3lib_htmlmail.php will stay but
become a wrapper for the new classes to be dropped in 5.0.

Masi