[TYPO3-core] Do we continue 4.0 branch?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Aug 14 18:52:50 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Just to confirm: do we continue making patches over it?

Yes, we do.

We decided on the release process during the core-team meeting on the T3DD.

4.0.x releases should be released every 4 to 8 weeks. The core-team
mailinglist will be polled whether the amount of fixed bugs suffice for
a new release. The polling phase will always begin one week before the
end of the month (e.g. 24th August start polling for September release)
and ends at the last day of the month but not earlier than 4 weeks after
the last release. Majority vote counts.

This means the build process has to be fully automated. There will be a
RC which will be available 1 week before every final release.

So the steps will be like:
- Poll (1 week)
- RC (1 week)
- new version