[TYPO3-core] Fixing no-brainers?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon Apr 10 13:22:13 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov <dima at spamcop.net> writes on
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:50:46 +0200 (METDST):

> Hi!
>
> Michael Scharkow wrote:
>
> > We now have a feature complete *classic* TYPO3 that may well and
> > gracefully end the whole 3.x/4.x development line. Why not start
> > the> UI
> > *and* code cleanup now, release a few development releases until
> > 2007 and allow both architectural and UI changes, as they belong
> > together.
>
> Finally it all will come to rewriting typo3 from scratch and
> releasing version "Typo3 2007" in year 2010 ;)

Ay, Michael's approach ist tempting, but Dmitry may be right.

But if the UI overhaul is moved from 4.5 to 5.0 we might end up not only with 4.1 (as asked by myself) but perhaps an 4.2. Not that I would worry about that. In fact as 5.0 will require PHP5 I ask for a long-lived 4.x branch after 5.0 as not everyone will do the jump into a refactored Core with new requirements and changed setup (we do plan to remove deprectaed stuff, don't we?).

Masi

PS: How about requiring Mysql 4.0 or even 4.1 to take advantage of if it's more standard-SQL-like features?